React Data Grid: Save / Restore Charts
This section shows how the Grid API can be used to save and restore charts.
The example below demonstrates how you can save and then later restore a chart. You can make changes to the chart type, theme, data and formatting options and note how the restored chart looks the same as the chart that was saved.
- Create a range chart from the grid, which will be shown in a container below the grid.
- Change the chart type, theme, data and/or formatting in order to see the changes restored later.
- Click "Save chart" to persist a model of the visible chart into a local variable. An alert will be shown to confirm that this has happened.
- Click "Clear chart" to destroy the existing chart.
- Click "Restore chart" to restore the previously saved chart.
A chart model that represent all the state information about the rendered charts can be obtained using
getChartModels(). These models are returned in a format that can be easily used with the other API methods to later restore the chart.
Returns a list of models with information about the charts that are currently rendered from the grid.
These models can then be supplied to the following grid api method to restore the charts:
Restores a chart using the
Note that an optional
chartContainer can be specified when restoring a chart.
Continue to the next section to learn about: Downloading Chart Image.